This Gothic Revival style hall table came from the home of William Wilson who is remembered as the father of Otago’s iron industry. Until William Wilson produced the first locally made castings in 1862 all cast metal was imported from Australia. In 1880 William Wilson, no longer an iron founder (an injury in 1875 prompted him to sell the foundry), had a fifteen-room house built on a two-hectare property in the suburb of St Clair. The house was known as Hazelbank and was built using bricks William Wilson obtained as his share of the assets from the liquidation of a brick-making company that he had invested in. This oak hall table is thought to be the product of the Dunedin Iron and Woodware Factory.